Weather Report: We had a little rain very early Saturday morning, then hot and humid the rest of the holiday weekend. I was beginning to worry about the garden getting too dry when it finally started pouring rain Tuesday evening,and on and off all day Wednesday. Hot and steamy. My irises popped open as well as my new poppy. It finally cooled down today to the lower 60’s (F). now it feels too chilly. I’m having a difficult time dressing for the weather. I’m either too hot or too cold.
The holiday weekend was a weekend to be out of doors and in the garden. I had my list of things to do, and despite the heat, I was able to get at least some of it done. Don’t forget to click on the photos to get a closer view.
- buy 4 bags of composted manure and fertilizer for the rainbow garden
- finish planting rainbow garden
- set up sprinkler system at the library
- work on edging around all garden beds
- water garden beds
- weed, weed, weed
Since it rained, I was able to forgo the watering, but I didn’t get to weed or work on the edging. It will go on next weekend’s list.
- a visit to my favorite greenhouse to purchase my container plants and peruse the perennials
Of course, I wouldn’t let this “chore” go by. I also bought a flat of impatiens for my shade containers. Tomorrow is container-planting day! – Done!
- plant my forced bulbs in the garden
- string on my freestanding trellis to train the morning glories
- plant sunflower seeds
done. Well, almost done.
- a visit and a nice hike to the local nature center
It was so nice, I went twice.