The holiday weekend looms ahead of me. The weather should be perfect… highs in the upper 70’s (F), partly sunny. The only downside is that we haven’t had any rain in about a week and the gardens are a little dry. I always plan the Memorial Day weekend as my “gardening holiday”. Every day is spent outdoors gardening. It’s my idea of a great time.
I left work early Friday to get started by mowing the lawn. Now that this chore is out of the way, I can concentrate on the fun stuff.
Here is my list:
- buy 4 bags of composted manure and fertilizer for the rainbow garden
- finish planting rainbow garden
- set up sprinkler system at the library
- work on edging around all garden beds
- water garden beds
- weed, weed, weed
- a visit to my favorite greenhouse to purchase my container plants and peruse the perennials
- plant my forced bulbs in the garden
- string on my freestanding trellis to train the morning glories
- plant sunflower seeds
- a visit and a nice hike to the local nature center
Does this seem too much for one 3 day weekend? Maybe it is, but I really restrained myself. I could have created a much longer list.
Have a lovely holiday!