Thanks to all who left Birthday wishes at Blotanical and on Facebook.
I took the day off to celebrate the day of my birth. I made my annual pilgrimage to the Secretary of State’s office to get my new driver’s license tags and stopped by the local Lowe’s to purchase 7 new picket fence sections. My fence, which has been in place since I bought my home about 15 years ago has been slowly falling apart. For the last 2 years, I had been keeping it together with some string and a prayer. This winter, it finally fell apart.
An unusual birthday present to myself. Now hopefully, the weather will cooperate and let me put up the new sections while I take a week’s vacation. Another present to myself.
I have a whole long list of things to do while on vacation, mostly outdoor chores. If the weather continues in the 50’s (F), I’ll be able to get a lot done.
Stuff I hope to get done:
- put up the new fence
- clean out all the garden beds.
- rake up all the dead grass and leaves in the lawn
- clean the compost bins
- cut and bundle dead limbs
- replace the old birdfeeder
- prune stuff
- plant some pansies – I got too excited at the local spring expo and bought a flat.
- a few other fix-it things around the property. I love playing with my hammer and saw.
If the weather refuses to cooperate I will:
- get caught up my book reading
- play in my sewing room
- maybe see a movie or two
- a day in Chicago – to my favorite place, the art museum and maybe check out a few stores
See, I try to balance work with fun. I know, I’ve got way too much to do than I can possibly get done in one week. I’ll do my best to get as much done as possible.